Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Day

Well, I thought I had better get myself a blog. My kids all have one and I think my wife is starting one, so I guess I'd better get going.

If you read my children's blogs, you will definitely see that I am not as creative as they are. I just thought I should give this a try and see what happens.

As most of you know, my daughter,Kelly, went to be with the Lord a little over a month ago. Most days I do pretty good as I know she is pain free and where we all long to be. But, I do have days when I really miss her and need to have a few tears. I miss her smile, her touch, and her spirit for life. When I'm at home I don't like to watch shows that are sad, but try to watch those that make me laugh. I love watching the "Office" as this is one of our family's favorite shows.

My family is very close, and we enjoy each other's company, well most of the time. You know how teenage children can be, parents aren't their first choice for companionship. Overall though, we do enjoy doing a lot different things together. I guess I am pretty lucky that my girls do enjoy having me around and aren't too embarrassed to be seen with me.

I considered myself a lucky man as I have a loving wife, great children, and good friends. I may not have a lot of money, but I have what matters most in life. God takes care of all our needs.

I hope you can follow my ramblings. Thanks for reading.

God Bless,
Don

No comments: